Sunday, June 27, 2010

The conservative pair.

So. Yet again I got my hopes up thinking we would finally be able to get married this sept, on our two year anniversary. And yet again I had to wake up and be realistic. Garrett's parents have generously offered to pay for our honeymoon, but the $2500 still needed for the ceremony (which I seriously cut from my previous wedding plans) is just not a realistic goal by sept. If I had a few more extra months it would be possible, but that gets into winter, so we will have to wait until JUNE 2011.


I cried. I cried all day about this. and I have no idea why, I still have a great family and a wonderful fiance and nothing about "being married" will change us, but its something I desperately want and I can't really figure out why, just that its something my heart yearns for and it hurts that its going to be a whole year until its possible.


My friend sent me this, I laughed and cried at the same time... its totally gonna be us.


"The bride bent with age, Leaned over her caneHer steps uncertain need guiding.While down the church aisle with wan toothless smileThe groom in a wheelchair gliding.And who is this elderly couple thus wed?You'll find when you've closely explored it,That this is that rare, most conservative pairWho waited 'till they could afford it."

By Jack Taylor.(read this in Financial Turning Point)


2 comments:

  1. Aw :( I just saw this post. I am sorry you have to wait so long! Marriage may not seem important to some, but I know how you feel. The ceremony cost seems so high! We had our ceremony at our reception venue (a winery so it was gorgeous) by a justice of the peace and it hardly cost a thing. Is there any way you could adjust things to get your wedding sooner?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Carly. Everyone keeps saying they did it cheaper then that but I seriously have no idea. Any venue I've found at the very cheapest is $1300, but they problem there is that they won't let you bring your own food or beverages, EVERYONE makes you use their approved caterers. We were going to do it at my dad's house but they decided against it, opting to pay for a venue but that still leaves more money for us to come up with. Its honestly gonna be longer then June 2011 probably more like sept. 2012! I spent the entire day yesterday crying AGAIN. I feel pathetic. I'll stop now, anyways thanks for the thoughts

    ReplyDelete